- 10 Best Virtual Reality Application (2019) - July 5, 2019
- Augmented Reality App Development Cost: The Ultimate Guide - July 3, 2019
- Terasol named as The 27 Best Enterprise Software Development Firms - July 1, 2019
The first wireless phone was introduced by Motorolla in 1973, and the human race hasn’t known anything else ever since.
Mobile phones have become a necessity and no one knows how to function otherwise.
So it is quite obvious that you recently started a business and you feel that it should or rather it deserves to have a mobile application of its own. And why not? Look at Amazon and eBay. Would they be as successful as they are if they had not taken their business to the mobile industry?
In fact, back in 2008 when Apple announced its launch of App Store, many developers at eBay saw the opportunity and built an eBay iPhone app prototype. This prototype at its initial stages wasn’t of much use but it kept up with the trend of ‘mobile applications’ and that too of the iOS SDK.
The eBay team of developers where so persevered that when in 2010 the management decided to solely focus on the web portal, a bunch of developers in their spare time kept working on improving the company’s mobile application.
And later that year, eBay accounted for 50 percent of mobile eCommerce in the U.S. that year, and 70 percent of that came from the iPhone.
Having said all that, do YOU need a mobile application?
Well. there are many pros and cons to having a mobile application developed. At first, you need to decide whether you actually need an app or a responsive website would work just as well.
Second, if you need an app, there are many parameters you will have to consider. For example, decide an agency that suits your needs, decide on how much money and time are you willing to spend, whether you want a native app or a hybrid app, etc.
Before you decide on a mobile app, you need to ask yourself, what problem am I solving with my app? Users are not going to take something even for free if it doesn’t solve any problem of theirs.
How does a mobile app benefit your business?
- Mobile apps add more value to your customers. It gives customers instant access to your work on their phones and at their will.
- They add value to your business. If built correctly, mobile applications perform better and faster than conventional web apps. Faster performance means better user experience, which results in higher conversion rates in cases of e-commerce apps, higher engagement rates in cases of social networking apps and so on and so forth.
- Mobile apps boost income and reduce costs. With push notifications, you can send reminders of sales, offers or other promotional events. With in-app purchasing, you can let customers buy directly through your app encouraging them to keep shopping from your app.
- They are more secure. Talking about in-app transactions, mobile apps provide more security while storing information like bio-metrics, or bank cards for digital wallets.
While at one hand mobile applications can increase interaction with customers and build a loyal user base for your app and business, on the other hand, they come with their own set of cons.
Building apps to drive businesses is not easy. It requires a lot of decision making, money and time.
- You will have to decide on an agency that will listen to your ideas and also give suggestions that will help you grow your business.
- Next will come the decision to either make a hybrid app or a native app. Both have different timelines, requirements, costs, and purposes.
- Features and functionality of the app will have to be drafted. After completion, marketing and promotions will also take time and you will have to commit to the support of the app after launch.
Making apps is not enough. your app will have to withstand the market competition and remain viable for a long time after launch, which will require the support of your agency
Mobile apps are expensive and it takes a lot of time to build a competent app. So choose wisely whether your business needs an app to be developed and if yes how much are you ready to commit?
Want to work with us? Why not check our services first?
Want us to help you grow your business? Drop us a message!
Terasol Technologies has also been ranked as Top Custom Software Development Company by one of the B2B reviewing site Top Software Development Company.