The Flutter 1.0 was released on Dec 4, 2018. A fast, productive, beautiful, and open-source SDK that offered app developers great new ways to create beautiful cross-platform apps with a native experience. Yes, cross-platform means creating apps for both iOS & Android platforms.
This release by Google was welcomed with great positivity by developers all over the World. The version Flutter 1.0 was regarded as the start and stable launch of Google UI toolkit which was expected to assist developers to build cross-platform apps using a single codebase. Talking about the main features there are “hot reload” that allows developers to work real-time on their applications. That was something known to web app developers already. But it comes as a bonus for mobile app developers. Google with Flutter 1.0 proudly says that it makes development cycles almost 3 times more productive.
Lets see the four main highlights of the Flutter 1.0 release by Google :
- Flutter allows app developers to create top class applications by giving them all the freedom to make full use of their imagination and creativity in absence of any kind of restriction of any framework. The app developers would also have complete control on every pixel so that they can design gorgeous animated graphics. For the best pixel experience, this version also provides a full set of widgets for the cross-platform OS.
- Flutter is famous for its swiftness. It possesses the hardware powered Skia 2D graphics engine providing support to Android and Chrome. The Dart language also powers the codes helping to compile both the 32 as well as 64-bit ARM code for Android and iOS.
- Flutter is one vigorous and productive app development SDK. The hot reload feature of Flutter makes it unique. By making use of this feature, the developers can rapidly and smoothly experiment, create UI, attach features and also free the apps from bugs in real-time. With hit reload you can instantly view the changes as it reflect updates in the current state of the app and lets you carry on with code execution. Thus, the developers complete the development at a faster speed.
- Flutter is one productive open-source SDK possessing the BSD-based license. Obviously, Its power lies in the staunch community of contributing developers globally. The native nature of Flutter helps it get the access of Android and iOS development tools. So, you get the support of Java and Kotlin on Android and Swift or Objective-C on iOS.
From the release event of Flutter 1.9 we get the following information :
Flutter Develops Gorgeous Apps:
It offers complete control without any kind of limitations which surely helps the that app designers to bring out exquisite designs.
Flutter has Fast Engine:
The Flutter 1.0 gets its power from the Skia 2D graphics engine. This engine remains similar to the ones it introduced with its earlier releases. Apart from this It would assist the framework to offer trouble-free and disturbance-free graphics along with native speed. Particularly, Dart 1 gets a replacement in the form of a modified version that makes the app super fast than ever before.
Flutter Is Productive:
Especially, with its hot reload feature, Flutter 1.0 returns as more productive and even more functional. This amazing feature assists developers in swiftly experimenting with UI’s. In addition to this The developers can watch the code changes in a second. Undoubtedly, Google is sure that with Flutter 1.0 it is providing a great asset to designers as well as app developers.
Flutter is Open Source:
Flutter is an open source framework, this precisely means that development does not depend on the complexity of your project. Instead the developers can seamlessly make your app dream or app idea into a reality by making use of variety of built-in beautiful material design, including the super functional Cupertino widgets, rich motion APIs, the behaviour of seamless natural convoluting and what not? Importantly Flutter being open-source, aids developers to explore so many design options while using it.
Features of Flutter 1.0
Talking about the features of 1.0 we can say particularly that most of them remain the same as in its earlier releases.
But there are some noteworthy developments too like:
- Flutter brings out 2Dimensions for the development of vector animations
- Dart 2 gets an update in the form of Dart 2.1
- Dart 2.1 offers a small code size and faster type checks.
- Dart 2.1 brings along increased speed
Flutter definitely makes everything smooth for app developers when creating cross platform apps. With its single code base, businesses save a lot on app development services. This is nothing but amazing! Finally, It caters to startups as well as existing enterprises by offering super reasonable app development costs and assisting app developers with its functionality and features not forgetting its speed and usability.