What is a Progressive Web Application (PWA)?
Before the introduction of PWA, the web applications that were developed for mobiles were very slow and sluggish. But by using PWAs this issue has been solved. By using Progressive Web Application on mobile devices, they can now perform much faster and provide more features. Since using PWAs in mobiles, it has been closing the gap with native apps, in addition to being portable across both desktop and mobile platforms. An additional feature of PWAs is that they do not require separate bundling or distribution. The features which you will experience as an app-like feature depend on which Brower version you are using.
How to create a PWA account for your client?
1.First, create your own PWA account
If you are not well supported financially then you don’t need to worry, as PWA will help you create your own account, instead of hiring big app developers which will probably cost you some bucks. It might take some time for an untrained developer. But it’s worth the wait. You will also need to have a service worker who has furnished skills in PWA. So that it would be easy for him to make a PWA superior to websites in terms of load speed and offline functionalities.
But first, you need a web Wapp manifest of your PWA. That should include your name, icon, splash screen design, navigation design, header, and footer elements.
And if, you find this procedure difficult to execute, then you can opt for the next option that is mentioned below
2. Use a website builder that integrates PWAs
There tools like Duda which will help you make fully functional PWA from an ordinary mobile website. You just need to enable this feature. Then it will help you make the application. You can make the application in any way you want. And it will help you in doing so. Here also you need to make web Wapp manifest of your PWA that should include your PWA’s name & short name, add an icon that the user can place on its home screen, and choose the splash screen color. You only need to do these steps and rest will be taken care of by the website developer.
3. Are mobile websites old age things?
Fashion changes like the weather, for three months its summer and then winter comes. This is the same way fashion changes. Here, fashion signifies the change in trends in web development. You always need to make sure that, you are following the latest trends and meeting the customer’s expectations.
Here are some of the reasons you should adopt PWA for website development
- They have easy-to-find toolbars and elements, which makes them more useful and easier to use for developers.
- They will also allow their users access to have a shortcut icon of the app on their home screen, as it would be easy to access and will keep the users engaged.
- They have a loading time of less than one second. So the users don’t have to wait for a long time for the loading of the application.
- They have advanced phone features like you can push notifications, has geolocation, and you can also use click-to-call.
- They have a very advanced security system as they use HTTPS. They have better security than the web.
- They do not require any kind of connectivity, as they can be accessed offline also. This is possible because of the service workers.
- PWAs are an asset for those who work in web design agencies since they allow you to deliver better results to your clients.
Characteristics of Progressive Web Applications
- It’s one of the biggest characteristics is, it can work on any given Browser that the user uses. You just need to have a standard-complaint browser.
- It can fit into any device you use, be it your mobile, laptop, PC, etc.
- Once the initial loading has been finished, you do not need to re-download the same content and page elements every time you load it.
- Another big advantage of Progressive Web Applications is that it can work without any internet connectivity or even in a weak internet signal.
- When you use it, it feels very similar to using mobile apps. So you won’t find it difficult to use it.
- It also has a very good security system as they use HTTP to avoid tampering of the data and information.
- It also provides users with an icon on the home screen, which makes it easier for the user. It keeps them engaged in it.
- It can easily be shared from one system to another with the help of the URL. And it also does not require any knowledge for its installation.
- It also uses the feature of push notification for helping the users with their job.
- You can also load it offline. So you don’t need to worry about internet connections. But this requires the need of web service workers.
So, these were the features and advantages of using Progressive Web Applications. The time has come that we give PWAs a try. Because it’s worth a try. It won’t take much of your time or money to create a PWA account. You could also use the Duda tool for helping you create a PWA account.