Paris is an important innovation centre in the world and companies such as Dailymotion and Deezer are an integral part of the ‘City of Light’. According to online statistics portal Statista, between 2016 to 2019, there was a steady rise in Android OS smartphone users in the French Android app market. This is mainly due to the launch of several productive and entertaining apps on the Play Store during this period.
So, if you’re curious as to which apps really captured the imagination of Android users in France, here is a list of top 5 apps in the French Android app market in various categories.
This app allows you to book accommodation for your trip and provides some really nice deals and discounts too.
Users can choose between apartments, motels, hotels, vacation rentals among other options.
Some of the features of Booking.com app are:
- Variety of filters to get the desired property for your specific purpose with no booking fee
- Plenty of hotel reviews (around 135 million) to help you make an informed choice
- Deals suited to a variety of budgets, ranging from hostels, motels to apartments, luxury stays and vacation rental
- Less or no cancellation charge on a majority of rooms in case you change your mind
- Round the clock customer service available in 40+ languages
Waze – Maps, Traffic Alerts & Live Navigation
The maps and navigation category saw the rise of Waze, a multipurpose app that helps you by giving important insights in real-time. With the Waze app you can get information about ongoing traffic, police crashes, construction activity, etc., that can affect your daily commute. In case the traffic is congested on your usual route, Waze changes the suggested route to get you to your destination faster.
Other useful features are:
- Listen to music, podcasts and much more from the Waze app
- Sync with Android auto and use the app on your car’s display
- Number of voice options for guiding you as you drive
This mobile shopping app has been one of the top three in its category in the French Android market. Through Wish, you can choose and shop from more than 100 million options at heavy discounts. The reason behind its affordable options is that it connects you directly to more than 100 million manufacturers, with no other party in between. With more than 500 million shoppers on its platform, Wish processes the payments safely and securely, ensuring a smooth experience.
To help you make the right choice, the app also has photos and videos of purchases along with customer reviews. Every purchase you make gives you reward points that can be redeemed for reward coupons.
Also, you can track your purchases easily and also talk to the responsive customer service directly from within the app.
20 Minutes – Continuous News
You can use this Android app for tracking news, important information and much more. This can be used on a smartphone or on a tablet and offers services such as:
- Option to save an article for later reading
- You can add RSS feeds as per your interest and create your own news bulletin
- Create alerts for a specific topic so that you don’t miss out on any important headline
- Favourite sections can be pinned to the home page for easy access
- It is compatible with many smartwatches
- You can play games such as Arrow words and Sudoku right from the app
Apart from news related to categories such as Sports, Economy, Technology, Politics, Health, Cinema, Television and Science, users can also get access to local info about cities such as Rennes, Lyon, Bordeaux, Montpellier, Paris, Nice, Strasbourg, Nantes, Lille and Toulouse.
In the fashion and shopping category, Vinted’s popularity is largely due to its dual feature of allowing users to shop or sell their branded products with ease. Around 12 million people are currently connected to this app which makes it a huge market for sellers as well as potential buyers.
You will get some great features in this app, some of which are:
- Seller protection, so that you are at peace knowing that the support team is just a click away
- In-app payments make sales a simple and hassle-free process
- More power to sellers as they can set their price and control the number of discounts on their product
- 360 view of items along with lots of video listings to help you shop intelligently
- Safety of personal information as Vinted does not share the buyer’s complete info with the seller
Additionally, you can also connect with other fashionistas and discuss or share ideas on the app forum.
One thing that can be said from the variety of apps in the list is that the French Android app market has an insatiable appetite for variety and productivity. So, if you really want your business to thrive in the French market, get your brand a customized Android app that covers all the business needs. And, if you still don’t have it, it’s time to get one as fast as you can.