Before starting any project, it's critical to understand the development platform. It is due to the fact that if the developers have a good understanding of the app development platform, they can arrange the entire development process properly.
So, are you seeking a tool to help you create high-performing web applications and lightning-fast static websites?
Is there any framework is lit for static sites?
Yes, the Next js framework has been well-engineered for this purpose. It is a game-changer.
Because of the rise of the Next js framework, online application development has seen a significant transition in recent years.
It helps development companies to create highly scalable, data-intensive, real-time back-end services for businesses to power their websites and apps.
The reasons for this popularity will be discussed shortly. Let's get one thing out of the way first. What is the Next js framework?
Introducing Next Js Framework- The Game changer
Did you know that over half of the people who responded to our State of Frontend 2020 survey edition said they used Next.js in their projects?
Next.js is now one of the most widely framework in web application development companies, alongside React, Vue, and jQuery, and is used by many of the world's leading firms.
Next.js has dubbed itself The React Framework for Production, and with that big claim comes a slew of features designed to help you get your React websites from concept to production.
While the multiple capabilities may mean more things and intricacies to master, Next.js' attempt at simplicity, power, and perhaps success at it is undoubtedly something to have in your arsenal.
However, with static sites, it goes a step further with Incremental Static Regeneration, which works in tandem with other features to make development a pleasant experience.
Furthermore, because it is built on Babel and Node.JS and interfaces with React, it is ideal for creating single-page applications.
As you begin to learn about Next.js, you'll see certain things you're already familiar with, and you'll be astonished at how much it provides you to work with, making it seem nearly daunting at first.
But hold on a second, you could say. Why Next.js?
It provides a common structure that makes it simple to create a frontend React application while transparently handling server-side rendering. Check out more features of the Next Js Framework in detail below.
Most Important Features of Next.js
The following is the list of the features that the Next Js framework provides:
- Hot Code Reloading: When Next.js detects a modification saved to a disc, it reloads the page.
- Automatically Routing: You don't need to configure anything because any URL is mapped to the filesystem, to files in the pages folder (you have customization options of course).
- Single File Components: It's simple to add styles scoped to the component using styled-jsx, which is totally integrated and produced by the same team.
- Server Rendering: Before transmitting the HTML to the client, you can render React components on the server. Using server-side rendering will shorten the time it takes for your app to render the initial page on the client-side, allowing the user to see the content of your page much faster. SSR will also increase the performance of applications, particularly on mobile devices. In other words, you can use this function to collect data from the API and return it as a prop to the page component.
- Static Exports: Next.js allows you to export a fully static site from your app with the next export command.
- Dynamic imports: Traditionally, apps load all of the essential components and CSS on the initial load. You can separate your code into small bits and load them on demand using dynamic import.
- Remove unused dependencies: Many applications rely on third-party software. While dependencies are beneficial to your app, they also add to its size and loading time. If you have a tiny project, you can simply locate and delete unneeded dependencies from your Next.js app's package.json file. However, if you're working on a huge project, it could be tough to locate the underused resources.
- Lazy Loading: The process of loading a certain piece of an app only when it is visible in the client viewport is known as lazy loading. The next/image component loads images in a lazy manner by default, which reduces loading time. If you don't want a picture to be lazy-loaded, set priority=true to disable it.
Thinking to develop your next project using Next Js framework? Get in touch with us.
What Can You Make With Next Js Framework?
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Portals on the Internet
- Websites that are static
- MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- Interactive user interfaces
- Jam-packed or Static websites
- Websites for eCommerce and retail
- Complex web apps
But why Next.Js?
Here are some benefits of the Next Js Framework for business and software development company
- Simple to learn: That is all there is to it. If you've ever developed React, you'll feel right at home with Next.js. It provides advanced tools and API support, but you are not obligated to use them.
- Faster Time to Launch: Next.js comes with a number of ready-to-use components and compatibility features that help you quickly build an MVP. It allows you to take fast input from real users and make appropriate modifications while saving time and money.
- Improved UX: This framework contains useful features that provide you with complete control over the front-end of your web application. You may easily integrate the web app's UX design with your company objectives.
- SEO-Friendly: One of the biggest benefits of adopting Next.js is that it is SEO-friendly. It employs server-side rendering (SSR), which aids in growing organic traffic, enhancing high-intent keyword rankings, and increasing search engine visibility.
- Omnichannel Features: Nexyt.js powered web apps and webpages run on any device and are easily available to every user.
- On-Demand Support: Because Next.js is a React-based framework, you have a wide range of front-end developers to pick from. You don't have to start the web app development process from the beginning.
- Better Conversion Rate: The Next Js framework has capabilities that enable developers to design SEO-friendly and user-friendly websites and online applications that load faster, provide a better user experience, and are more accessible, all of which aid conversion.
- Strong Community Support: As Next.js becomes more popular as a framework for web app development, many leading companies are adopting it and contributing to its growth. The popularity of Next.js in the web development community has risen in 2022 as a result of this usage.
- Adaptability and responsiveness: Because today's users use a variety of devices, it's tough for developers to design adaptable websites and web apps that operate on any device and adapt rapidly to any screen size or resolution. Next.js aids in the development of responsive applications with improved adaptability.
- Data Protection: If you want to create a static website that isn't reliant on a database or other vital information. You may easily develop static websites with this framework.
In summary, the main advantages of Next.js are as follows:
- More efficient development process = cost and time benefit to our clients
- Most efficient performance = faster applications
- Most efficient SEO = indexable, SEO friendly features
The Next Js 12.1 Release: A Bright Future
With each version, the number of advantages of Next.js grows, and its future seems brighter than ever. Recently Next.js 12.1 (the most recent version) was launched in February 2022 with a slew of new features, indicating that it has a bright future in the web development space.
- Rapid Web Development
- On-demand ISR
- Support for React 18 on the Server-Side
- Collaborative Live Coding
- Zero-Config Jest Plugin
Start developing Next js applications in less time
Do you want to take advantage of Next.js capabilities in your online applications? To develop your project and gain access to top Next.js experts, contact Terasol Technologies.