For an event, I went online to shop for a dress.
Say I searched for a site and click on its URL, and was taken to the website.
The site loads and content appears after a minute or two, but with a fullscreen pop-up, i.e. “download our mobile app for a better shopping experience”.
The user is taken to the Google Store. However, mixed reviews, a large file size, blurry screenshots, and poor navigation makes me rethink the credibility of the site.
We're sure you've encountered this dreaded shopping experience at least once.
In the fast-paced world of eCommerce, retailers must be on their toes to keep up with cutting-edge digital transformation technologies like PWA eCommerce development.
Because the majority of people nowadays use their mobile phones to make purchases, firms must devise effective ways to provide the best mobile experience to their customers.
While native apps may be the best option for some, the new Progressive Web Apps (PWA) from custom mobile app development services has arisen as a game-changing alternative that has proven to be a benefit for many businesses.
The eCommerce industry is one example of a sector that has embraced PWA technology, and it's just going to get better from here. It allows brands to grow three times faster than they might on an eCommerce site.
In one of our previous posts, all about Progressive Web App Development, we discussed our thoughts on PWA Development – its benefits, features, and cost estimation.
The focus of this blog will be on how Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) are transforming the E-commerce business!
Let me begin by giving some intriguing statistics from PWA Stats —
- According to Statista, we may expect massive growth in mobile-driven commerce that will generate more than $400 billion in revenue by 2024. And progressive web apps are the driving force behind this surge in mobile commerce.
- Pinterest redesigned their site as a Progressive Web App, which resulted in a 40% increase in user browsing time. User-generated ad revenue increased by 44%, while core interactions increased by 60%.
- The PWA created by BookMyShow increased conversion rates by 80%.
- 'By 2022 end, global mobile data traffic is predicted to exceed 77.5 exabytes per month, growing at a compound annual growth rate of 46 percent,' according to Statista.
Let's face it: the vast majority of native apps remain dormant in our devices, being used only once or twice before being erased. However, given the progressive web app's promise of giving fantastic eCommerce experiences to customers, you may expect increased customer engagement.
📢We Deliver Seamless Retail IT Solutions for your eCommerce Business from Brick to Click!
Here is How Terasol Developed PWA for an E-commerce Business
Several major big brands, like Forbes, Book My Show, and others, have already demonstrated increased engagement, revenue, and user acquisition through the adoption of PWAs.
And this PWA eCommerce development trend is not limited to big brands, SMEs to start realizing its benefits.
The following is a real-life example of PWA eCommerce development:-
An E-commerce business entrepreneur contacts us with a need for web and mobile development with PWA development benefits.
We together came up with the development of the E-commerce PWA app.
To help her give a native-like experience to increase her brand presence, conversation, and greater revenue with a limited budget we thought to go for PWA development.
But she wanted a twist, she wanted a virtual trial room!
There's a catch!
We've done AR before at Terasol, but this is different. There are numerous variables to consider. So, as we like to say at Terasol, "Bring it on.”
So for the first phase of development, the activities are considerably simpler.
- It was developing an e-commerce platform that can be used on the web and mobile devices.
- We used Swift, Java, Laravel, MongoDB as our core technologies with a team size of 6 to 9 members.
- Moreover, its APIs were also used to introduce PWA into the picture.
- This fashion point will assist her in branding and selling self-designed garments to a larger audience, as well as a vision of growing her business to the next level.
Second, she wants some innovation to set her apart in the market. Trying on clothing on a mobile device or through a web platform.
- We took the project off with clear timelines using Agile development.
Finally the development of Web, Android, and iOS applications that allow for easy platform navigation on mobile devices was successful.
In the middle of the fall of 2018, Virnecon was completed, deployed, and made live for testing.
Our client was really satisfied with her dream turning into reality.
👩🏻 Client Testimonial- The team has developed an AR-based virtual trial for my fashion e-commerce for android, iOS, and web. They are best in AR and web development.
How might a Progressive Web App help your e-commerce business?
PWAs make online shopping as easy as possible, and we can expect them to reign and revolutionize the mobile-commerce landscape for the reasons listed below-
- Fast- When compared to a responsive e-commerce platform, Progressive Web Applications load four times faster.
- Reliable- Even in poor network conditions, Progressive Web Apps respond swiftly.
- Secure- PWAs are served using HTTPS, which is a secure protocol. As a result, it protects users' money transactions, secures user accounts, and protects users' identity and browsing privacy.
- Engaging experience- Customers are more engaged as a result of the PWA's speedier experience, which leads to a higher conversion rate. PWAs allow for push notifications, which encourage users to return to the app.
- Mobile responsive- PWA is intended specifically to engage mobile consumers, to provide them with a better user experience.
- Low Cost- When compared to native app development, the cost of creating a PWA is up to ten times lower. The unified code allows for speedier development and go-to-market times.
- Native-app Experience- Experience that is similar to that of an app – PWA provides a wonderful user experience for mobile consumers thanks to its App-like capabilities.
- Browser agnostic- PWAs provide faster, more consistent performance regardless of device, form format, or browser.
- Fewer Data and storage space- Users always save their internet and data costs, whether it is critical for an eCommerce business. PWAs are saviors for eCommerce businesses in this regard.
- Automatic Updates- Automatic updates in a PWA function similar to a traditional website update, with all updating operations taking place on the server-side.
In addition to the top then benefits mentioned above, you can deliver timely push notifications to potential clients with progressive web apps for eCommerce sites to tell them of special deals, discounts, new releases, and so on.
Furthermore, you don't even need to know someone's email address to contact them.
When Should Ecommerce PWAs Be Created?
Without a question, PWAs benefit eCommerce businesses in a variety of ways. However, due to some existing issues, your e-store requires this platform.
There are a few scenarios in which a store owner will become aware of the necessity to establish a PWA with the help of a software development company for their online store:
- The store owner who is fresh to the e-commerce business or has just begun their online store. Typically, enterprises at this stage have a highly promising, trending app idea, a limited budget, and a limited amount of time to make it huge. As a result, the risk should require as little capital as possible.
- If the store owner notices a drop in conversion rate growth on their website. There's a good chance you've got a native eCommerce app that is stifling your growth owing to its limited features and capabilities. Given the advantages of PWA in eCommerce, your company will quickly climb the success ladder.
- Redesigning your eCommerce website into a PWA is the greatest answer if you need to update it quickly. Switching to PWA is a win-win situation, both technically and financially.
- Your primary target is Android not iOS. In comparison to other platforms, Apple's implementation is a little more limited. There are certain restrictions. Android, on the other hand, offers several Android Package files (APK) that cover PWA functionality for the majority of websites.
- The store owner wants to create a native app for their e-store to boost sales, but they are on a budget.
- To give mobile users a fantastic browsing experience.
- The business owner does not want their app to be published on the marketplace.
❓ Convinced that PWA is the best option for you? Do get in touch with us. We'll show you how to optimally use the advantages of PWA in eCommerce to establish your business as the next big thing.
Transform Your Website with PWA eCommerce Development
E-commerce giants including Flipkart, AliExpress, OLX, Jumia, and Trivago have adopted PWA due to its benefits and high performance.
Simply said, PWA eCommerce development is a strength in the creation of websites.
Progressive web apps are becoming increasingly important among retail IT solutions, so if you want to give your users a consistent and reliable mobile app experience, progressive web apps are the way to go.
If you want to create a PWA-enabled online store, hire Terasol Technologies, a PWA development company. Let’s discuss your requirements for improving your online functionality over a cup of virtual coffee.